Cleaning Instructions for J-4000DM X-Series
The cleaning procedure below is recommended as a regular maintenance measure to help your steamer maintain its maximum steaming performance. This maintenance should be performed on a basis of every 3-6 months depending on your water supply. In most cases, a steamer that is severely clogged will require disassembly to properly clean and prolong the life span of the unit. An authorized repair center or a Jiffy Steamer service technician best performs this disassembly.
1. Remove hose attachment from unit at the brass coupling using a wrench. Pour out any remaining water from your unit.
2. If the hose attachment is blocked by sediment build-up, use a water hose to clean inside the hose. This should loosen and remove any build-up that may have occurred within the hose itself.
3. To clean the internal parts of your steamer, use of the Jiffy® Liquid Cleaner (10 ounce bottle) is recommended. This acid-based cleaner will remove hard water deposits and sediment build-up. This cleaner is not available for export.
4. Fill your steamer with 1 gallon of water and add the entire ten (10) ounce bottle of Jiffy® Steamer Liquid Cleaner. Turn the steamer to PREHEAT and allow water and solution to warm.
5. When the red pilot light turns off, indicating the end of the PREHEAT cycle, turn the switch to OFF and unplug the steamer from the wall outlet. Allow the water and cleaning solution to remain in the steamer for 2-3 hours. DO NOT STEAM THE SOLUTION IN THE UNIT AS DAMAGE MAY OCCUR.
6. Pour the cleaning solution out of the steamer. Do this by tipping the steamer over and pouring the solution out of the brass fitting where your hose attachment normally connects.
7. Rinse the unit thoroughly by flushing with fresh water 2 to 3 times.
8. If discolored water or residue continues to come from the unit, the above procedure may need to be repeated.
9. Please call 1-800-525-4339 for further instructions or questions.